Saturday, April 18, 2015

Day 84: Chai Bag Cardamon & Pepper

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: Used it to make a latte this time
Leaf Appearance: I think CTC black tea with small chunks of herbs added
Color: Light creamy-brown, opaque (because milk)
Smell: Like most chai, but I couldn't really smell the pepper; the loose leaf did have the pepper smell though
Recommended with/as: As is, milk, sweetener
Rating: 8.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Rush review today, since I'm going to yosemite with family. Anyway, pepper in chai sounds super weird, but surprisingly, it was pretty good. Even though I brewed it a super long time, I think it turned out well. The spice from the pepper and cardamon mix very well with the sweetness from the honey and the creaminess from the milk. Unlike most chais, this one is less spicy and more balanced (unlike the one I got from Red Blossom, which is very spicy no matter how much milk or sugar I use), which I liked. To be honest, I'm not that good at reviewing chai (or at least lattes), but this one is pretty good.

Other notes:
Nothing today, just going to Yosemite.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Sencha 'Tanegashima"

No comments:

Post a Comment