Friday, April 24, 2015

Day 90: C'est a Toi

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Blend (Black, Puerh, Oolong)
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Mix of dull black/brown roasted teas, small/broken up; they all look relatively the same/I wouldn't be able to tell apart the oolong, black, and puerh tea by looking at it (there are some curled teas, twigs, minor differences though)
Color: Deep orange-brown (mainly orange); clear, but a little hard to see since it's darkEart
Smell: Earthy/smoky notes, followed by a fishy smell and floral notes
Recommended with/as: As is, maybe sweetener
Rating: 7.5/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
This is a very interesting blend of tea- the only thing it's really missing now is green tea. Anyway, although it is a blend of three different teas, I think the most dominant taste (and smell) is the black tea. The taste begins with the earthy, somewhat bitter taste, which is followed by a light sweetness. It's a bit creamy/malty, with very light mint too.Throughout the whole tea is a smoky taste (probably from the lapsang souchong, but I have never actually had that so I'm not sure), which gives the tea a bit of a body and strength/savory taste. It's somewhat smooth, but it leaves the throat a tiny bit dry and a somewhat different, oily (?) texture in the mouth afterwards.

I did try it with honey just because I have a sore throat from laughing too much (see below), and it was pretty much the same; it didn't make the tea better, nor did it make it any worse. It did get rid of some of the smokiness and brought out a very light taste (I can't really describe it, but it has a very, very subtle sourness to it) from either the puerh or oolong. Overall, it was an interesting blend, but I feel like I need to try more of the teas in it, namely the puerh and lapsang, to have a better idea. It is good though!

Other notes:
Well guys, it looks like I'm in the final stretch! Hopefully they go well, and I'll try not to rush these reviews (but no promises, since finals are coming up and I need to start studying). Maybe I'll try making stats or something if I have the time, and I can finally start reviewing the teas from Vital Tea and Red Blossom. I'm hyped!

In other news, school went decently. There wasn't really anything interesting other than 60's day for Juniors and my friends played music for that. After school was the fun part though. I hung out with that girl I like and some other friends, and we ate some food and chilled at the park for a bit. Later, I biked to In N Out with another friend and we got hamburgers and all that, and then made up random stories while heading home in the dark. When I got home, I won an auction for a few Modest Mouse CDs on ebay for only $10 with shipping (We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank, Good News for People Who Love Bad News), and now I'm making this review. My family left for Disneyland/southern California earlier, so I'm alone at the house with my dog. You know, I think things are looking up for me now and I can't wait until summer rolls around.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Grape Green Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment