Thursday, April 30, 2015

Day 96: Wedding

Brand: Lupicia
Type: Flavored Black
Brew Time & Temperature: 3 minutes, boiling
Leaf Appearance: Small black tea leaves with various flower petals (including rose), twigs, and dried berries
Color: Light copper; clear
Smell: Fruity, vanilla, candy-like (it's not terribly artificial however), floral
Recommended with/as: As is, iced, sweetener
Rating: 8/10

Tasting notes and thoughts:
Surprisingly, this tea, despite its smell and description, wasn't too fruity or artificial tasting,which is unlike most of Lupicia's fruit blends. The black base is actually more dominant in this tea, and is followed by the floral, then fruit taste. Upon drinking, you're met with light, earthy and chocolatey notes, which are promptly followed by a tangy, floral (rose?) taste. It ends with the fruit or berry taste that can be found in the smell, which lingers in the mouth and gives the tea a nice sweet taste. There is some astringency however, leaving both the mouth and throat dry after drinking. Overall, an enjoyable fruit flavored blend (one of the better ones); I'd suggest it sweetened, hot or iced. Y'know, I think I really need to start working on my black tea identification since apparently this has a keemun base.

Other notes:
Well I can't really think of interesting stuff that happened today; I think it was pretty average. The AP World History final was today, so a lot of my friends were panicking about that. One friend (I'm sure you can guess who) brought the alpaca/llama I bought her for good luck and I also ended up lending her my good pen, so there's that. Other than that, nothing much except that I did a ton of stat work by myself for an AP bio lab, have had a killer headache from a nap, and procrastinated on history work. Can't wait for tomorrow though since we're doing stuff after school.

Next on the 100 Days of Tea: Muscat Darjeeling

No comments:

Post a Comment